Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mint and Lime Iced Green Tea

http://greylikesnesting.wordpress.com/

* I found this receipe on a couple of my favorite blogs: One Ordinary Day and Grey Likes Nesting. Seems like the perfect drink for the warm weather we've been having. Thought I'd share.


8 c. water
8 green tea bags (I use Celestial Seasonings because they participate in Ethical Trading)
1 bunch of fresh mint
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. lime juice
ice, mint sprigs and lime slices for garnish

Place water in a medium pot and bring to a simmer over high heat. Once water is simmering, remove from heat and add tea bags and mint. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.

Once tea has steeped, remove tea bags and add sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Chill tea in refrigerator. Stir in lime juice and serve over ice with mint sprigs and lime slices for garnish. Add more sugar, if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks great! I'll definitely be trying it! Very refreshing for summer. I'm a long time reader of your fabulous blog, but first time follower as I've only just opened a blogger account and set up a blog (http://bakezilla1.blogspot.com/). I just hope mine is as great as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete