Saturday, April 6, 2013

DIY Succulents in Candle Jars

I have been loving succulents lately! I have always wanted indoor plants that won't die on me! haha! I've had an outdoor garden for a few years now, but just realized how hearty and beautiful succulents are. I've been scouring Pinterest for different ideas on how to plant them instead of just plain pots.  I decided to put some of my old Anthropologie candle jars to good use! 



 Here is what I saw and had on hand.  By the way these candles did smell amazing so it was a nice two for one type of thing!  Once the candles were done burning, I put the jars in the oven at about 200 degrees for about 20 minutes to melt the remaining wax, then rinsed them out and cleaned them well with dish soap.  These jars were just too pretty to throw away!  I went to my local Lowe's picked up my soil and succulents and here is what I came up with.


This is by far my favorite table centerpiece. The wood doily that is underneath is by far one of my favorite Etsy purchases from Uncommon! You have to check out their store.  And I got to reuse my candle jars! Win Win!  What are some of your favorite indoor plants? I'm loving the indoor gardening!


No comments:

Post a Comment