Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ricotta Blueberry Muffins


I LOVE to cook and bake!  It makes me so happy that you can mix certain ingredients together and make something amazing!  I am so excited to share one of my all time favorite breakfast muffins with you. They are adapted from Skinny Taste's Chocolate Chip Ricotta Muffins which are to die for as well! I wanted to make this a little more "healthy", so I added blueberries instead of Chocolate Chips...that's really the only difference, but it gives it such a different flavor!  Here's what you need!


*2 cups cake flour
*1 tsp baking soda
*3/4 cup sugar

*3 large egg whites
*1/4 cup butter (melted)

*8 oz. ricotta cheese
*1/2 tbsp vanilla 
*1 pint basket blueberries (or more if you'd like)

First in a bowl combine the flour and baking soda, set aside.  In another bowl, mix together sugar and butter until it's combined well and add the egg whites.  Next you'll add the ricotta cheese.  Once all of that is mixed up nicely, add the flour mixture and the vanilla. And lastly, fold in the blueberries.  The batter is pretty thick and sticky but that's perfect!  Spoon into muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until a little brown on top.  DELICIOUS!!  And here is a fresh batch right out of my oven!



Hope you all find time to make these delicious little creatures! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment