Thursday, March 31, 2011

DIY Vintage Window Headboard

Along with being a DIY-er and craftaholic, I am also a tax preparer. I have a lot of clients that I have developed relationships with in my seven years of preparing taxes. One of my dear clients came on Tuesday and brought me seven vintage windows that she had picked up at a yard sale a while back. She used to paint them but has not had time to lately so she willed them to me. FUN FUN! Two of the windows had broken glass and I have been wanting a different head board so I thought "why not put chicken wire behind the windows, hang them up an voila!" Here is my little tutorial :) My beautiful stack of windows. First, sand all of the chipping paint off of the wood and clean the dust off. These windows were actually in pretty good condition so they didn't need a lotof sanding. I then sprayed my chicken wire with Rustoleum Hammered spray paint. This took away the shiny silver and gave it a worn vintage look. Staple the chicken wire to the back of the window and cut it to fit with wire clippers.

Hang it up! I didn't screw the 2 windows together, I just put them side by side on the wall.
I couldn't be happier with the turnout! My total cost for this project was $0!! I had everything on hand! Can't beat that DIY project! Have you made anything fun for free lately? I'd love to hear!!

2 comments:

  1. It is so nice that I have found your blog about your link on Miss Mustard Seed. So I have a little scrolled and I like what I've seen. Now I’m your new follower!

    Take care
    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina, What a wonderful and creative idea. Thank you for sharing this at my party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete