Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Most Recent Salvation Army Find

Last Friday, my friend and I hot the local Salvation Army for their 40% off day!  I wasn't really looking for anything in particular just wanted to check out what they had.  When I decided to move my craft room to the family room,  I started slowly cleaning that room out to eventually turn into a nursery for our next child (no I'm not pregnant yet, just planning ahead).  For those of you who know me...you know this :)

Anyway, I was wanting to find a long dresser to use also as a changing table.  I was totally not planning on buying one yet but COULD NOT pass this one up!

It's from 1954 and has BEAUTIFUL lines!  The detailing on this is perfect.  The price was also perfect at $41.50!  I could not pass this baby up.  It's already sanded and primed and I'm hoping to paint it tomorrow!  Once it is finished I will post the final product.  I'm so excited about this one!

4 comments:

  1. Would be beautiful in a old timey Victorian nursery. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also planning. I intend to go for my second child in December. Mine, my husband, and my son's birthdays are all in September so I'm trying to make it to where my next baby is due in September. Money is tight so I've been hunting down deals to make it easier on us financially. I've been looking up second hand stores online and all. There are actually some that sell clothes with tags still on so that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Whitney- it's good to know I'm not all alone in my early planning :) we are hoping to start trying in September/October :) Good Luck!! Finding great deals is SO MUCH FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great dresser. I looked further and your restoration job is also wonderful. I am getting more and more inspiration from the wonderful sites. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete