Thursday, May 26, 2011

Vintage Dresser Makeover

I finished the dresser! I think this is my favorite restoration by far. I love it! Remember the piece I found at The Salvation Army...

Beautiful but in need to some TLC!  So I sanded this one good!  It needed a heavy sanding to get all of the chipping paint off.  Once it was nice and smooth I primed it with spray Kilz primer.  I had a lot of paints here and there left over from rooms and other projects, so I mixed 4 different paints together to get a creamy, grey, beige.  Sounds weird I know but it's really pretty.  Here is how it turned out!


I love the way the colors in this room pull together so nicely.  Happy girl right here!

8 comments:

  1. It really is a beautiful piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that turned out gorgeous...great job. beautiful blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, I wish I could makeover furniture like you -very impressive :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this!!!! looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristina, The chest turned out beautiful! Great transformation. Thank you for joining my party. Take care.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete