Thursday, August 25, 2011

DIY Coffee Filter Wreath

I love wreaths! I love how they can make a home feel so cozy and comfortable.  I decided to make a small wreath with some supplies that I had on hand.  I love the way it turned out. 


Here is what you need:
foam wreath any size (mine was 9" bought at the dollar store)
brown coffee filters (you can find them at the 99 cent store)
straight pins
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain
scrap piece of muslin for the bow

This project is really so simple, I feel silly doing a DIY for it, but here it goes...
Start with one coffee filter and pinch the bottom middle to make a flower like shape. Start on the inside of the wreath and pin the coffee filter to the wreath.  Make your way around the inside of the wreath then start a new row on top of that row.  I hope that makes sense.
As you complete each row, you start a new one until it is nice and full.  Once you are finished pinning the coffee filters, take your distress ink and dab it along the tips of the coffee filters for a vintage look.  You can then tie your muslin scrap or ribbon on the bottom and hang that beauty! I can't wait to change the ribbon on the bottom for the holidays!

 
Cost breakdown:
foam wreath: $1
coffee filters: .99
straight pins: on hand
muslin scrap: on hand
distress ink: on hand 
Total cost: $1.99


Can't beat that!  Do you have any great wreath tutorials? I would love to try them!



7 comments:

  1. Lovin' that price for such an elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic ....and so cheap......ciao Alison(ITALY)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the wreath! So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wreath, this is one more project to add to my to do list. Thank you for the inspiration. :)
    http://nannaspretties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made one of these a few months ago with my daughter (who is 4) it was a great project and I loved the results. Your's is absolutely stunning. I think I'm going to have t make another one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! This is beautiful and your blog is so pretty. I would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party. http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/09/bedazzle-me-monday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve loVE lovE this!! thank you for sharing....new follower;) !!

    ReplyDelete